Vocational Education and Training at Denmark SHS provides Year 11 and 12 students with opportunities to maximise the outcomes of their Secondary Education. VET programs provide secondary school students (both tertiary and vocationally bound) with opportunities to complete part or all of national qualifications while studying towards their WACE. Students can study Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses as well as Subjects.
Students can also get a head start on an Apprenticeship or Traineeship by becoming involved in a Pre-Apprenticeship in schools’ program (PAiS), School Based Traineeship or School Based Apprenticeship when available.
There are many benefits to students who complete nationally recognised qualifications. Completion of these courses may give them direct entry to the next qualification level at a State or Private Training Provider, make them more competitive in the employment market and give them subject equivalence for secondary graduation.
You get the opportunity to attain:
- Nationally recognised qualifications, skill sets, or part qualifications endorsed by industry.
- Real life experience in a workplace
- Employability and life skills and broadens your view of career options.
- Assists you with career planning.
- Gives you a realistic understanding of industry expectations.
- Helps increase your self-esteem, confidence and communication skills.
- Frequently improves your employment prospects.
- Improves your chance of selection for other training courses.
- With some higher-level qualifications, offers you pathways into higher education.
- To give you a head start in other nationally recognised qualifications.
- Makes school more relevant to what you might do when you finish school while allowing you to get your WACE.
Please refer to the Upper School Handbook below for more detailed information regarding what VET courses we offer at Denmark SHS.