At Denmark Senior High School we welcome all prospective students to our school.

Enrolment Policy and Procedures

Enrolment decisions in public schools are made in accordance with the School Education Act (1999) and Department of Education policy, on criteria based on age, residential location, visa status and educational needs. At Denmark Senior High School we welcome all prospective students. When enrolling a child, parents need to complete an Enrolment Application that requires information about the child, as well as the parents. Such things as a Birth Certificate, Immunisation Statement and any relevant court orders must be sighted by the staff member receiving your complete the application (all information remains confidential).

Who Should Complete the Enrolment Form?

  • Parents: who are defined in the School Education Act 1999 as persons who at law have responsibility for the long term care, welfare and development of the child; or the day-to-day care, welfare and development of the child;
  • Independent minors; and
  • Persons aged 18 years or older who may apply on their own behalf

Application and Eligibility

The school has accommodation for students whose families are residing within the boundary of Denmark Senior High School local intake area as determined by the Department of Education at the time the enrolment commences. Siblings are not assured enrolment at the school where the family is outside the school boundary at the time of the sibling’s enrolment. A separate enrolment form needs to be completed for each child.

Required Documentation

Additional documents required at the time of enrolment:

  • a copy of the student’s Birth Certificate;
  • passports of the parents and the student if born overseas;
  • a copy of immunisation records (a requirement of the Department of Education). Parents of students vaccinated in Australia can request an Immunisation History Statement at any time by telephoning ACIR (Australian Childhood Immunisation Register) on 1800 653 809 (free call) or emailing;
  • a copy of the most recent school report; and
  • Family Court orders or parenting plans registered with the Family Court.