Each year we endeavour to take a group of Year 9 students on a trip to Canberra. This is an exciting and enjoyable excursion which includes mandatory visits to Parliament House, the Australian Electoral Commission, and the Australian War Memorial. Our intent is to make this a cross-curricular excursion, so consideration is also given to places such as Questacon, Perisher Ski Fields, National Museum, Australian National Botanic Gardens, Canberra Deep Space Complex, Canberra Glassworks, CSIRO Discovery and Cockington Green Gardens.
This opportunity is open to all Year 9 students (2024) on a first come first serve basis and places are limited. Students are expected to adhere to the following criteria in order to maintain their place:
- Attend school regularly:
- Maintain Good Standing:
- Display good behaviour, in the classroom and at all school organised events:
- Not be suspended, either internally or externally:
- Complete all assigned work to a satisfactory level:
- Adhere to the school dress code:
- Participate in a presentation to parents and staff about the trip on return from Canberra.