While education and academic achievement are the core business at Denmark Senior High School, consideration is given to the behaviour, social/emotional health and career/vocational issues confronting students. If you have a concern about the welfare of your student at Denmark Senior High School, it is important that you contact one of the following people on 98480 100.
Teacher concerned, Form Teacher, Year Co-ordinator, Student Services Coordinator, School Psychologist, Deputy Principal and School Nurse.
Students and parents are invited to make an appointment with any member of the Student Services team if they have any concerns or need to seek professional advice.
The Deputy Principals coordinate and provide student support in the following areas:
- Retention and participation
- Liaison with School Psychologist and School Nurse
- Transition from Year 6-7, 10-11 and school to tertiary studies or work.
- Counselling of students in behaviour management, social/emotional issues, and conflict resolution.
- Act as a point of contact for parents
- Monitor attendance and behaviour in a year group
- Counsel and support students of educational concern
- Actively support the creation of a positive learning environment
|Year 7-8||Clea Candy|
|Year 9-10||Ken Davies|
|Year 11-12||Chloe Lewis|
Career/Vocational Education Coordinator
The Careers Advisor, is responsible for career counselling throughout DSHS with an emphasis and priority given to Year 10, 11 and 12 students. The VET Coordinator, manages and promotes all VET and Workplace Learning, mainly dealing with senior school students and some middle secondary students.
- Coordination of career education programs with Career Education teacher
- Facilitation of the delivery of vocational education and training courses
- Supporting students in gathering information with further education, training and employment options
- Management of work placement programs