Denmark Emergency Services Cadet Unit
The Emergency Service Cadet unit was formed in 2011 with the aim of promoting volunteering in Denmark and to prepare young people with skills they can use in the community. Each cadet learns to work independently and as a member of a team. Cadets undertake training in:
- First Aid and Emergency Care
- Radio Communication
- Fire Safety and Basic Fire Fighting
- Search and Rescue
- Boating and Water Safety
- Map Reading and Navigation
- Emergency Service Operations
- Camping and Survival
- Leadership and Instructional Training
The school calendar has details of current activities cadets will be undertaking.
Cadets often interact with the Volunteer Emergency Services in Denmark and are supported by:
- Denmark Fire and Rescue Service
- Denmark State Emergency Services Unit
- Denmark St John Ambulance
- Denmark Marine Sea Rescue
- Denmark Police
- Ocean Beach Bushfire Brigade
- Carmarthen Bushfire Brigade
- Somerset Hill Bushfire Brigade
Any young person from the age of 12 to 18 can be a member of the cadet unit and as they will be funded through CADETSWA, there is minimal costs to parents. The unit meets at Denmark Senior High School each Tuesday afternoon from 3:30pm until 5:30pm.
Please see the school calendar for events that are upcoming.
For further information contact Wayne Austin, Deputy Principal at Denmark Senior High School on 9848 0100