Denmark Senior High School Board consists of elected members who work with the school and community to achieve best outcomes for students. The establishment of the board has given the school an opportunity to attract a broad cross-section of people with a range of experience and expertise. Strong community representation ensures the board can make a significant contribution to the development Denmark Senior High School and provide strategic guidance and monitoring.
The function of the Denmark SHS School Board is to:
Take part in:
- establishing and reviewing from time to time, the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- planning financial arrangements necessary to fund those objectives, priorities and directions;
- evaluating the school’s performance in achieving those objectives, priorities and directions;
- formulating codes of conduct for students at the school; and
- take part in the selection of, but not the appointment of, the school principal or any other member of the teaching staff if prior approval is given by the Regional Executive Director.
- a charge or contribution determined by the principal for the provision of materials, services and facilities;
- the costs determined by the principal to be paid for participation in an extra cost optional component of the school’s educational program;
- the items determined by the principal to be supplied by a student for the student’s personal use in the school’s educational program; and
- an agreement or arrangement for advertising or sponsorship in relation to a government school.
- in consultation with students, their parents and staff of the school, a dress code for students when they are attending or representing the school.
Provide advice to the Principal of the school:
- on a general policy concerning the use in school activities of prayers, songs and material based on religious, spiritual or moral values being used in a school activity as part of religious education; and
- on allowing time for the special religious education of students in the school, up to a total of 40 hours in a year.
- the school in the community.
15 September 2017 – Minutes (Annual Open Meeting)